During the summer school, participants will explore:Quantum computing fundamentals, such as qubits, entanglement, quantum gates, and algorithms.
- Overview of leading hardware platforms including superconducting and semiconductor qubits, trapped ions, neutral atoms and phontonic quantum computing.
- Applications, error correction, requirements and scalability.
- Companies and startups and their role in the quantum computing community.
The summer school is aimed at Master and PhD students with a strong background in physics. A keen interest in quantum computing and its real-world applications is essential. By attending this summer school, you will not only expand your quantum computing knowledge but also grow your network by connecting with peers and experts in the academic and industrial field.
The list of speakers includes:
- David DiVincenzo (RWTH Aachen/FZ Jülich)
- Hendrik Bluhm (RWTH Aachen/FZ Jülich/ARQUE Systems)
- Rami Barends (FZ Jülich)
- Menno Veldhorst (TU Delft)
- Giulia Ferrini (Chalmers)
- Vincent Mourik (FZ Jülich)
- Jonathan Home (ETH Zurich)
- Sebastian Hofferberth (University Bonn)
- Andreas Wallraff (ETH Zurich)
- Frank Deppe (IQM)
- Shai Machnes (Qruise)
- Torsten Last (Orange Quantum Systems)
… and many more.
The ON-CAMPUS Summer School will take place on the RWTH Campus – an area in the historic town of Aachen which hosts one of the largest technology-oriented research landscapes in Europe and which is also the home to the Institute for Quantum Information
and the quantum start-up ARQUE Systems