Each year the IDEA League offers the students of its partner universities over 180 monthly grants for a short-term research exchange. In general, these grants are awarded based on academic merit.
- The grants are made available to IDEA League students who want to do a short-term research stay at an IDEA League partner university.
- For example, the experimental part of a thesis would fall under this category.
- The grant is awarded by the sending IDEA League university on a competitive basis.
- Bachelor, Master and PhD students are eligible.
- The grant will be up to 1000 Euro per month.
- Research exchanges from 2 weeks to 6 month are covered, with strong preference given to short-time periods.
How can I apply?
Students should contact their supervisor in order to define a project and find the most suitable partner, probably linking the project to existing contacts and cooperations within the IDEA League. The contact with an academic at the chosen IDEA League partner university must be made via the student’s supervisor. Before you apply, please read the Student Grant Ambassador
How can I find more information?
Here you can download testimonials from students who received a grant for their research projects.
Bachelor- and Master-Theses open for exchange students
IDEA League is partnering with SiROP Association to promote and manage mobility opportunities between its member universities. If you would like publish your own projects or if you are looking for a bachelor’s or master’s thesis within one of these universities you can login to www.sirop.org and affiliate with your home university, search for opportunities, apply for summer schools, or publish your open projects.
The following open semester-, bachelor-, and master theses and internships for IDEA League students are available on www.SiROP.org: